When you’re preparing your house for sale, remember the importance of first impressions. The market isn’t the only factor that influences whether you get your asking price. Appearance and overall condition play a major role. Here are some easy things you can do to make your home more appealing to buyers.
- It is estimated that more than half of all houses are sold before the buyers even get out of their cars. Stand across the street from your house & review its curb appeal.
- Sweep front walks and remove newspapers, bikes, and toys.
- Park extra cars away from the property
- Mow the lawn more frequently, trim the shrubs and plant fresh flowers.
- Apply fresh, clean paint throughout.
- Clean windows and window coverings throughout.
- Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order.
- Maintain all sealants (window, tub, shower, sink, etc.) in good condition.
- Make sure roof and gutters are in good condition; no repairs needed.
- Keep pet areas clean.
- Kitchen and bathrooms should shine.
- Quick once-over with the vacuum; carpets should be clean.
- Place fresh flowers in the main rooms.
- Put dishes away unless setting a formal display for decoration.
- Make beds and put all clothes away and pick up toys.
- Open drapes and turn on lights for brighter feel.
- Straighten closets.
- Turn off television and play soft music on the radio/stereo.
- Keep pets out of the way, pet areas clean and odor-free.
- Secure jewelry, cash, prescription medication, and other valuables.
- Enhance the spaciousness of each room. Pack away collectibles to allow buyers to envision their own furnishings in the home.
Knowing how much homes are selling for in your neighborhood is one of many factors to consider in determining the selling price range for your home. When you contact us, we put you in touch with a qualified real estate sales associate who will visit you and prepare a market analysis of the homes recently sold in your neighborhood, share his or her in-depth knowledge of current market conditions, and help you determine the market value of your property. Working with a River Oak Realty sales associate, will help ensure that your property will receive maximum exposure to attract interested people who are willing to make an offer.