Necessary Components to process application:
- Application fee (see below)
- Copy of an I.D. for all adults to occupy residence.
- Verification of income (see below)
- Copy of I.D. and verification of income can be provide through our Application Document Uploader, faxed to 904-272-2193, emailed to info@RiverOakRealty.net, or delivered to our office.
- The property Owner makes the decision of residency approval based on the following guidelines, your application responses, and the results of the information received while processing your application while adhering to fair housing practices.
- At least three (3) months at present job or verifiable permanent former employment. At least one (1) month worth of current pay stubs for each employed applicant. If self employed, income can be verified by providing 2 full months of bank statements and/or Income Tax Form 1040 for the previous year.
- If applicant is a student, verifiable student status will qualify for employment.
- If applicant has a U.S. social security number, applicant must have good credit. Needs to reflect a large percentage of on time payments. Current unpaid collection accounts, bankruptcy not yet discharged or filed within the last two years may disqualify your application.
- No Co-Signer allowed for bad credit or previous evictions.
- In some circumstances, a higher deposit may be required.
Eviction/Criminal/Bankruptcy Background Checks:
- Evictions filed in the past 5 years, lease violations, broken leases, and moneys owed to previous landlords will disqualify your application.
- Criminal felony charges in the past 10 years can disqualify your application.
- Being registered as a sexual offender will disqualify your application.
- Any current bankruptcy, regardless of type, that has not yet been discharged will automatically disqualify your application. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Co-applicants and any other person(s) age eighteen (18) or older must complete the application process and sign onto the lease to be an authorized occupant in the rental.
- No more than 2 persons per bedroom per rental.
- Guests may not reside in home longer than seven (7) days.
- New roommates or occupants must be approved by Owner or Owner’s Agent in writing prior to occupancy.
Pet Acceptance Policies (in specific rentals only and only with approval):
- A non-refundable pet fee of $300 per pet is required, however could be more depending on the property and type of pet.
- Certain breed restrictions apply (i.e. German Shepherds, Pitt Bulls, Siberian Huskies, etc.) Inquire for full list.
- Application fee is $50 per adult applicant. Application fee can be paid online electronically at the time of application which will speed up the processing of your application, or you may pay it in CASH at our rental office.
- Application screening may include current and previous employment, rental history, credit, eviction/skip search, and criminal background check (based on property & property Owner requirements).
Acceptable Forms of Payment:
- Security deposit and first rental payment must be in certified funds only (i.e. money order, cashier’s check, certified check). No personal checks.
- First rental payment will include rent or pro-rated rent if move in occurs prior to the 20th of the month. After the 20th of the month, rental payment will include pro-rated rent and the following full month’s rent.
- Personal checks will be accepted thereafter except when a personal check has been returned once by the bank.
- After the application, application fee, and all necessary documentation have been delivered to Owner’s Agent, the property will be reserved while the application is in process.
- Upon communication of application approval, applicant(s) will have 24-hours to pay the security deposit AND sign the lease in order to reserve the unit until their move-in date. If applicant(s) fail to do so, Owner reserves the right to continue marketing the property after said 24-hour period expires and accept applications from other parties.
- Paying a security deposit without also signing the lease DOES NOT reserve the unit.